My BurdaStyle coat is finally finished

At long last I finished my coat from The BurdaSyle Sewing Handbook.


Coat front …


… and back

I ended up disliking this coat in the end, though it didn’t turn out half bad for a first fully lined coat. It was just the project that stuck around a bit too long (more than a year…) and the fabric kinda lost its magic when I set it on fire only to realize that the wool percentage was very low, possibly non-existent (lots of plastics in this one!). But I managed to finish it, not wanting another UFO cluttering my work space, and I’m thinking I should give it to a thrift shop or a homeless person next winter, as it’s both reflective and relatively warm. I don’t think I’ll wear this one myself, but I appreciate the experience of lining a garment “by the book” (bagging it), and I think all the mistakes I made (quite a few) will be handy to have made before starting on the fitted jacket I’m currently making in my course. This ended up being the last project I finished on my Pfaff, before buying my new Janome, so it’s got some sentimental value as well 🙂


Leave a comment

Filed under Sewing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s