Summerdress #2

The second dress I made before going to Italy was based on the dress pattern found in The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook. It’s a basic A-line skirt with a fitted bodice featuring princess seams in the front and a yoke in the back.

I lengthened the skirt about 5 cm and decided on a fully lined bodice instead of using facings. Also I added self drafted pockets to the front.


I like how the dress turned out, but it’s not the best fit for my body. I feel my waist (yes, I’ve got one despite packing on more than 10 kilos since last summer) disappeared in this dress. The culprits are the hip-hugging A-line skirt and a waistline that somewhat misses the mark. Still, the dress is comfortable to wear and I love the fabric print. If I were to use this pattern again, I would definitely make a flared skirt instead of the A-line.


Leave a comment

Filed under Sewing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s