Yesterday I cut the pieces of my new dress, and discovered that while I had just enough fabric, there was no way of cutting all my pieces from it whole.
I set to work cutting apart the pieces of the bodice so that both the front and back pieces consisted of two panels each, starting at the dart and ending on the middle of the shoulder. I added seam allowances to all the new pieces, and managed to get a whole bodice from my fabric in addition to the skirt.
The lining was cut from the original two-piece pattern.
When I sewed the bodice today I decided to top-stitch the panel seams in order to hold them in place while adding a small embellishment with the contrasting thread (purple thread on grey wool). I think this worked great, and will definitely do something similar with other patterns in the future with purpose other than getting all the pattern pieces from the same fabric.
Now I just have to sew the skirt and assemble my dress.