Summerdress #1

Before I went on vacation I mentioned a couple of dresses and promised each of them its own post.

The first is made using the bodice pattern I altered to make my BurdaStyle competition dress. The only changes I made were to place the zipper in the back and differ from some of my straight grain marks in order to get the print unidirectional. I then added a simple box pleated skirt to this bodice and chose a wide hem for the skirt. I wanted to add pockets, but didn’t get around to do it before we left. Maybe I’ll add front pockets later sometime.

tn_P1030014red tn_P1030015red

I love this bodice, and the print works well on this I think. The thing I would change if I make this again is the center front seam, which suffers from stress – I think it would be better to simply cut the fabric on the fold for this piece.

About these ads

Leave a comment

Filed under Sewing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s